This Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Crust is an easy, delicious and kid-friendly side dish.
One of my favorite early Spring vegetables is fresh asparagus, especially when it’s roasted. Of course, almost any vegetables taste good roasted. Usually I just toss asparagus with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper, but recently, I made a snazzier version by adding a little chopped garlic and sprinkling some Parmesan cheese on top before roasting.
Drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar on top, this easy preparation of Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Crust is going to be making more frequent appearances on our dinner table.
Today, I’m participating in Food Network’s Sensational Sides event where Kid-Friendly foods are being featured. Be sure to check out what my fellow foodie friends made:
Feed Me Phoebe: Mushy Pea Toasts with Mint
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Chocolate Milk with Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Bacon and Souffle: Kid-Friendly No-Boil Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
Weelicious: Italian Asparagus Sticks
Devour: 5 Kid-Friendly Cupcakes
Cooking With Elise: 6 Kid-Friendly Sensational Sides
Dishin & Dishes: Mini Carrot Cake Cookie Cups
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Cream of Mushroom Soup (for Zola)
Red or Green: Busy Mom’s Chicken Tacos
Domesticate Me: Cheesy Baked Penne with Chicken and Broccoli
The Sensitive Epicure: PB&J and Apples Rice Paper Roll-Up (Gluten-Free)
FN Dish: Side Dishes Your Kids Will Love
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Crust
- 1 bunch asparagus ~ 1 pound, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss asparagus with garlic and olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Roast asparagus about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and asparagus is just tender. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on top just before serving.