This Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Soy Butter Sauce is so easy and delicious – just four ingredients.
Do you find it challenging coming up with different ways to prepare vegetables for dinner throughout the week? I try to serve a different vegetable each night, but lately, I’ve been getting tired of making vegetables the same old way each week.
While we were on vacation earlier this summer, we ate mostly French food, and there was butter in almost every dish. I have to admit butter does wonders even in small amounts, so I bought some organic grass-fed butter after we got back from vacation and have been using it to entice my kids to eat their vegetables.
This Asparagus with Balsamic Soy Butter recipe was given to me by a friend thirteen years ago. It’s hard to believe how long ago that was. But I still remember my friend telling me how good this recipe was. Although you can roast the asparagus in the oven as my friend does, I grilled it since it’s summertime and I’ve been trying to keep the heat out of the kitchen.
The sauce has almost a meaty quality to it – the butter is lightly browned until toasty, then the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar are added. This is such an easy recipe, but it turns plain old grilled asparagus into something special.
Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Soy Butter Sauce Recipe
- 2 bunches asparagus trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons organic grass-fed butter
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Toss trimmed asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper; grill until just cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small skillet until lightly browned; remove from heat; add soy sauce and vinegar and stir. Drizzle sauce over grilled asparagus.