This Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Crust is an easy, delicious and kid-friendly side dish. Asparagus is one of the easiest vegetables to prepare. Although you can buy a fancy asparagus steamer, there’s no need to if you simply roast them. Roasting vegetables is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to enjoy almost any vegetable. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in asparagus and other vegetables.
One of my favorite early Spring vegetables is fresh asparagus, especially when it’s roasted. Of course, almost any vegetables taste good roasted. Usually I just toss asparagus with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper, but recently, I made a snazzier version by adding a little chopped garlic and sprinkling some Parmesan cheese on top before roasting.
Drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar on top, this easy preparation of Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Crust is going to be making more frequent appearances on our dinner table.
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Crust
- 1 bunch asparagus ~ 1 pound, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss asparagus with garlic and olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Roast asparagus about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and asparagus is just tender. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on top just before serving.
If you like this Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Crust recipe, you might also like: