This Tropical Shrimp Salad with Mango Mint Lime Dressing will make you feel like you’re on a tropical island. Sponsored by Peapod.
I love going to tropical islands like Hawaii or the Caribbean. There’s something about being surrounded by water, feeling the ocean breeze, and eating all the tropical fruits I can get my hands on. Last summer we celebrated my oldest son’s graduation from college by going to St. Martin, and a few years before that, we were fortunate enough to be able to go to Hawaii with my sister-in-law and her family.
This summer, we won’t be visiting any tropical islands, so when Peapod asked me to create a recipe for a Staycation, I thought of this Tropical Shrimp Salad with Mango Mint Lime Dressing. It reminds of the type of meal I’d order the minute I got on a tropical island – a girl can dream can’t she?
Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to find tropical fruits without going anywhere tropical. In fact, Peapod, the online grocery delivery service, sells all sorts of tropical fruits, including kiwi, mango, papaya, and pineapple.
The Mango Mint Lime Dressing compliments this Tropical Shrimp Salad so well – made with fresh mango, ginger, mint, shallot, honey, fresh lime and orange juice, it’s sweet, tangy, and adds an extra tropical touch to this salad.
I could eat this Tropical Shrimp Salad with Mango Mint Lime Dressing all summer long.
For more recipes that would be perfect for a Staycation, check out these recipes on FromThePod.
Grilled Corn Tomato Salsa
Sweet and Spicy BBQ Bacon Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
Shrimp Rolls with Lemon Caper Aioli
Coconut Banana French Toast Cups
Tropical Shrimp Salad with Mango Mint Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon regular or light olive oil divided
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Boston lettuce
- 2 carrots shredded or spiralized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 kiwi sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
Mango Mint Lime Dressing
- 2 cups mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- unsweetened coconut flakes optional
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet until hot. Add shrimp and cook on both sides until shrimp curls up and is cooked through; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Cover four dinner plates with Boston lettuce leaves. Divide carrots, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, kiwi, and avocado among the four plates, placing a pile of the shredded carrots in the center of each plate. Arrange cooked shrimp on top of carrots.
- Make Mango Mint Lime dressing by placing mango, orange juice, lime juice, honey and ginger in a blender. Blend until smooth; drizzle in remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and blend until emulsified. Transfer dressing to a bowl and stir in minced shallots and chopped mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing on top of salad and garnish with extra mint and coconut flakes, if desired.
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by Peapod as part of my participation in their Ambassador program. All thoughts and opinions are my own.