This Roasted Chili Orange Salmon can be made in less than thirty minutes. Topped with a fresh fruit salsa, it’s a light and beautiful dinner.
I came up with this Roasted Chili Orange Salmon the other day when I made some fresh Peach Kiwi Avocado Pepper Salsa. Although my kids love chips and salsa, I was hoping they’d try it with fish.
My boys typically don’t like cooked salmon. There’s something about the strong flavor that they dislike. However, served with a bright, fruity, tangy salsa on top, they ate every bite. Interesting.
My theory is that my kids are visual eaters, and that they probably found the contrast in colors especially inviting.
Years ago, I remember serving my kids a plate of roasted cauliflower, mashed potatoes and roast chicken. Everything was white. They remarked about the lack of color on their plate, and although they admitted that everything tasted great, that it just wasn’t all that appealing.
This Roasted Chili Orange Salmon served with fresh fruit salsa on top is a great way to sneak in an extra serving of fruit at dinnertime. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Chile Orange Roasted Salmon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 10 ounces salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peach Kiwi Avocado Pepper Salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray baking pan with no-stick cooking oil. Pour wine into pan and place salmon on top. Sprinkle chili powder, oregano, garlic, brown sugar, orange juice, salt and pepper on top of fish.
- Bake until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cooking time will depend on thickness of your fish.
- Serve with Peach Kiwi Avocado Pepper Salsa