This Kung Pao Chicken with Peanuts is one of my husband’s favorite dishes. This post is sponsored by Circulon®.
I’ve been married for twenty eight and a half years to my college sweetheart and we are committed to being lifelong partners. What’s the trick, you might ask? There’s not one easy answer, but I believe there are many factors that have helped us stay committed to each other all these years – common values (family and faith), love and respect for each other, our dreams of the life we want to build together, having fun together, and being able to put the other person first.
Last week, I went to a bridal shower for a friend’s daughter. It’s an exciting milestone and celebration for this young couple as they start a new life together, in a new home, furnishing it with new essentials. One of the most important essentials in a new kitchen is cookware that will provide a lifetime of performance and last throughout a marriage.
Today, I’m featuring my recipe for Kung Pao Chicken with Peanuts, which I made using Circulon® Symmetry Chocolate cookware. This is a dish I’ve made for my husband more times than I can count over the past 35 years since we first met, and I truly believe it is one of the main reasons my husband married me. There’s definitely some truth to the saying that “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.”
Traditional Chinese stir-fry cooking uses a lot of oil, but with Circulon Symmetry Chocolate cookware’s non-stick surface, I was able to use just a few teaspoons of oil.
Circulon Symmetry Chocolate cookware is made with heavy-duty hard-anodized construction, which is twice as hard as stainless steel, and features a unique circle surface, combined with premium metal-utensil safe non-stick on the interior and exterior for superior performance that lasts, and a product that is quick and easy to clean. In addition, this cookware is oven safe to 400°F, induction suitable, and dishwasher safe, making it convenient and versatile for practically any dish you make.
Circulon Symmetry Chocolate cookware is also backed by a Healthy Hassle Free Guarantee, which promises free replacement if you’re not satisfied with the performance of their nonstick system. You can register for Circulon Symmetry Chocolate cookware at Macy’s, Kohl’s and Target.
And now for our giveaway!
This Giveaway includes a Circulon “Starter Pack” with a $150 Retail Value.
- 4.5 Qt. Chef Pan
- 11″ French Skillet
- 3.5 Qt. Covered Straining Saucepan
- 10″x15″ Cookie Pan
This giveaway has ended.
Kung Pao Chicken with Peanuts
- Marinade and Stir-Fry Sauce
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- dash of sea salt
- dash of fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch divided
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 teaspoons grapeseed oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 whole dried chilies optional
- 1 scallion minced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- Place chicken into a medium bowl.
- Make marinade by mixing together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add half marinade and 1 teaspoon cornstarch to chicken and mix well; set aside.
- Make stir-fry sauce by adding 2 teaspoons cornstarch, hoisin and 1/4 cup water to remaining half of marinade; set aside.
- When ready to cook, heat 11 inch Circulon Symmetry French Skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon oil. Stir fry red bell peppers for 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender; reserve.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan and heat; add marinated chicken to pan and stir-fry until cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Return bell peppers to pan and toss. Give the stir-fry sauce a stir and add to pan; toss everything together until well coated with sauce. Top with scallions and peanuts; serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Circulon. The opinions and text are all mine.