These Ham Mashed Potato Breakfast Cups are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
The twins are home from college so I’ve been trying to get more creative with breakfast – that’s how these Ham Mashed Potato Breakfast Cups came to be. This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. I lined the muffin tins with ham and scooped a mixture of leftover mashed potatoes and scallions into each muffin tin.
Then I sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Bake these little gems for 15-18 minutes until hot and the cheese is melted.
I served these to my boys with fried eggs.
You can also serve them with a fried egg on top.
I made these Ham Mashed Potato Breakfast Cups for our monthly Progressive Eats event.
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month we’re featuring dishes made in a muffin tin ranging from individual desserts to savory entrees and/or appetizers. Our event is hosted by Liz Berg who blogs at That Skinny Chick Can Bake. With built in portion control, these recipes are perfect, lighter-fare for your summer dining. You’ll certainly find a delicious recipe to add to your repertoire!
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.
- Cheesy Sloppy Joe Tamale Cups from The Heritage Cook
- Ham and Greens Corn Muffins from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Mini Meat Pies from Stetted
- Spicy, Cheesy, Sweet Potato Stacks from The Tomato Tart
- Spicy Pepperoni Pinwheels from Pastry Chef Online
- Vegetarian Meatballs with Spicy Moroccan Sauce from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes from Spiceroots
- Pina Colada Cupcakes with Rum Buttercream Frosting from Creative Culinary
- Vanilla Buttercream Topped Cocoa Cupcakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Vanilla Pear Brioche Bread Pudding from The Redhead Baker
Ham Mashed Potato Breakfast Cups
- 6 slices uncured ham
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons rBST-free shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- paprika optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil 6 muffin tins. Line each muffin tin with a slice of ham.
- Mix together leftover mashed potatoes and scallions. Place 1/4 cup mashed potato mixture inside each muffin tin. Sprinkle one tablespoon shredded cheese on top of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little paprika on top, if desired.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.