This post includes ten tips on maintaining healthy hydration year-round, plus two hydrating recipes ~ Cranberry Pomegranate Chia Fresca Drink and Hydrating “Knox Blox”. Sponsored post by Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water.
Did you know that our bodies are about 60% water and that our brains are made of approximately 75% water? Water is needed to carry out all of our body’s normal functions – and it’s good for our mind, skin, waistline and heart.
During the summer, I naturally spend more time outdoors exercising and drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Now as the seasons are changing and temperatures are falling, I’m trying hard to hold onto these healthy living habits by maintaining an exercise routine and healthy hydration. It’s definitely a challenge for me, as it is for many Americans.
Did you know that:
- More than 60% of Americans are drinking less than 8 glasses of water a day
- Americans aren’t hydrating in other months outside of summer
- More than half of Americans don’t feel the need to hydrate when temperatures cool down
For fun, I took Ocean Spray’s Hydration IQ test and I’m embarrassed to say I only scored a 5. Although I try to drink a glass of water when I first wake up and with each meal, I’m not consistent about getting enough fluids the rest of the day, mainly because I get bored of drinking water and I forget. So, I was game to try Ocean Spray PACt® cranberry extract water as a way to encourage myself to hydrate better and more meaningfully with cranberry health benefits.
PACt® cranberry extract water is a new product from Ocean Spray® that contains PACs, or proanthocyanidins – unique, powerful elements found deep inside cranberries, to help cleanse and purify your body better than water alone (PACs are found in cranberries, not in water).
I found Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water to be a refreshing way to hydrate and mix things up during the day without a lot of calories. Each 16-ounce bottle has just 10 calories, and contains PACs from 50 cranberries. It does not contain GMO ingredients or artificial colors, is naturally sweetened with erythritol and stevia, and comes in four varieties: Cranberry Pomegranate, Cranberry Raspberry, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Cranberry Mango-Passionfruit. My son’s favorite flavor is Cranberry Mango-Passionfruit.
Here are some ways I’m going to try to maintain healthy hydration as a good habit year-round, especially now that the weather is turning cooler:
Three Fun Ways Mix Things Up and Stay Hydrated:
Water is always a great choice, but for a change of pace, try a spritzer (serve it cocktail style for fun).
Have you seen chia drinks in the supermarket? You can make your own Chia Fresca drink at home (recipe below).
These cute gelatin shapes are made with Ocean Spray PACt® cranberry extract water and remind me of the Knox Blox snacks my mom used to make when I was a kid (recipe below).
I actually tried all these tips myself the last couple of weeks, and found that mixing things up definitely helped and makes staying hydrating more fun.
Staying hydrated year-round is really important, so I’m committed to making a conscious effort to maintain healthy hydration throughout the year.
Ocean Spray® is giving away one (1) $50 Amazon gift card to my readers. There are multiple ways to enter.
This giveaway is now over.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups Cranberry Pomegranate Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water
- Heat water in a small saucepan; add chia seeds and stir; remove from heat and let cool; refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, for each serving, pour 1 cup Cranberry Pomegranate Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water into glass; add ¼ cup hydrated chia seeds to glass and stir.
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 16-ounce bottle Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water, any flavor
- Pour ½ cup Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water into a medium bowl and sprinkle on unflavored gelatin packs. Let sit until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add hot liquid to softened gelatin and stir until dissolved. Pour into 8"x8"x2" pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Cut into shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
Visit PACt.OceanSpray.com to learn more about Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water and take the Hydration IQ quiz. You can also follow the conversation about Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. This post was sponsored by Ocean Spray® PACt® cranberry extract water. The opinions and text are all mine.