This tropical fruit Dairy-Free Mango Coconut Milk Smoothie is healthy, delicious and perfect for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up
I’ve been making smoothies for friends and my own family for a long time, but I’m always looking to change things up a bit. Recently, I made this Dairy-Free Mango Coconut Milk Smoothie for a friend undergoing chemo. When you’re going through chemo, keeping your weight up can be a challenge, especially if your appetite is waning. It would have been easy to add more calories if my friend could have tolerated dairy, but some folks going through chemo have an aversion to dairy. So, I tried to add some extra calories by using coconut milk, flax seed oil and coconut oil.
- 1 mango (or ~ 1 cup frozen mango chunks)
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 wedge lime, juice squeezed
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons honey to taste
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk)
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish, optional
- Put all ingredients in a strong blender and blend until smooth. For a frostier texture, add some ice cubes.