This Gluten-Free Turkey Taco Nacho Casserole is a fiesta to the eyes. Easy to make and filled with good for you ingredients, it makes a great weeknight meal.
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the McCormick Gluten-Free Recipe Mixes Launch as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I received free samples of McCormick Gluten-Free Mixes from McCormick mentioned in this post. I was compensated for my time.
My youngest son absolutely loves tacos and nachos. I think the combination of the taco seasoned meat, all the toppings, and the crunchy corn shells or chips is what makes tacos his favorite dinner and nachos his favorite snack.
Whenever I make taco meat, I usually have leftovers, which can be used to make nachos the next day for a snack. Recently, I decided to combine his two favorite foods into this Turkey Taco Nacho Casserole, tucking some red bell pepper, black beans and corn into the taco meat. After melting some cheese on top, I layered on his favorite toppings ~ chopped avocado, green onions , tomatoes and Greek yogurt. Then, to give it the taco crunch he loves, I broke some blue tortilla chips on top. I love how festive this looks!
I used McCormick’s new Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning Mix in the casserole. McCormick recently came out with a new line of gluten-free seasoning mixes which are certified by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, and made with the natural goodness of herbs and spices, and no MSG or artificial colors and flavors. They’re also priced the same as regular varieties, making them an affordable way to put flavorful meals on the table in no time.
I think my husband enjoyed this as much as my son if not more. He loves football snacks like nachos and dips, so this taco casserole fit the bill. Any leftovers make the perfect snack served as a dip the next day – that’s what I did ;).
Turkey Taco Nacho Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 packet ]McCormick Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups 15 1/2 ounce can cooked black beans (if using canned, rinse and drain)
- 1 1/2 cups 15 1/2 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- organic corn chips broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Saute until onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until lightly browned, breaking up meat with spatula. Add taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomato sauce. Stir well to combine. Cook until heated through. Transfer to a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Adapted from McCormick's