These Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes are easy to make and freeze well. Make a batch, freeze it, and take out what you need for breakfast. Kids and adults will love this combination of pumpkin and chocolate.
I made these Pumpkin Spice Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes for our youngest son recently and rather than make a small batch, I decided to make one whole batch. As he stared at the huge stage of pancakes that I made, he asked why I had made so many pancakes. I think I just miss cooking for a big family.
After he ate his small stack of pancakes and I gave a stack to my husband, I froze the rest. We’ve been pulling these out for school day breakfasts – it’s not all bad, right?
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons unfiltered apple vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- coconut oil to grease pan
- In a bowl, combine the oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, <g class="gr_ gr_84 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="84" data-gr-id="84">cinnamon</g> and salt. In another bowl, combine the soy milk, pumpkin puree, egg, coconut oil, <g class="gr_ gr_85 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="85" data-gr-id="85">vinegar</g> and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir in.
- Heat cast iron skillet and lightly grease with coconut oil. Use 1/4 measuring cup to scoop pancake batter into <g class="gr_ gr_68 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="68" data-gr-id="68">pan</g>. Cook until bubbles form on <g class="gr_ gr_69 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="69" data-gr-id="69">surface</g>; flip and cook until browned and cooked through.
Adapted from allrecipes.com