These Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Oil are a special treat when you’re looking to dress up your mashed potatoes. Cauliflower is the secret ingredient to making these mashed potatoes lower in carbohydrates and a little bit healthier.
I’ve made these special Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Oil for special occasions as a treat. Using truffle oil is definitely a trick since almost anything tastes good with it. You can find truffle oil at many supermarkets and stores, including Costco’s and even Home Goods.
I’ve been mixing cauliflower and potatoes together for mashed potatoes to make them healthier – think of it as two vegetables in one. I know some people use 100% cauliflower and call it mashed potatoes, but I find the consistency lacks the starchiness that people expect when they take a bite of mashed potatoes. You don’t need a lot of potato to get the right consistency, but I’m all about making sure my kids eating healthy, while loving every bite.
I use a little butter from grass-fed cows, which is supposed to contain the X Factor according to Dr. Weston Price (now believed to be vitamin K2). According to the Weston A Price Foundation, “Vitamin K2 is important for the utilization of minerals, protects against tooth decay, supports growth and development, is involved in normal reproduction, protects against calcification of the arteries leading to heart disease, and is a major component of the brain.”
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Oil
- 1 head organic cauliflower cut into florets
- 5 Yukon gold potatoes peeled, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 cup organic low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons pastured organic butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add cauliflower and potatoes; cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Place in mixing bowl and add milk and butter; beat until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in white truffle oil.
If you like this recipe for Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Oil, you might also like: