This Strawberry Almond Cream Tart is perfect for celebrating a special occasion or for Mother’s Day. Elegant and beautiful, guests will be impressed without knowing how easy this was to make.
Today’s a very special day~ we’re celebrating my friend, Georgia’s, soon to arrive baby girl! For those of you who don’t know Georgia, she’s the writer/photographer of The Comfort of Cooking, where you’ll find no-fuss, family-friendly comfort food recipes.
This is such an exciting time in a woman’s life, so I am thrilled for Georgia and the new life that lies ahead of her…so many special milestones to share together, lots of memories to embrace, and the amazing opportunity to teach and mold a new little one into a precious human being.
I could think of no better way to celebrate than making this Strawberry Almond Cream Tart for Georgia’s baby shower today. I originally spotted a similar tart on Cooking Light as I was thinking about what to make for this special occasion.
I swapped out the graham cracker crust for a gluten-free crust made with almond flour and coconut flour, bulked up the filling with some vanilla yogurt, and left off the strawberry glaze so the fresh berries could shine through.
I’ve never been a pie maker so I opted for this no-fuss tart where the crust is simply pressed into the a tart pan. Toasted sliced almonds decorate the edges so there’s not need to make sure the edges are primped and pretty (another reason I can’t make pies). I placed a border of fresh raspberries and halved strawberries on top of this lightened up “cheesecake” filling made with low-fat cream cheese and vanilla yogurt. I took some step-by-step photos with my phone to show how I arranged the strawberries – it’s easy.
I tested this tart out on my boys and they loved it, so I hope Georgia does too!
Congratulations Georgia and I can’t wait to see your little darling!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse from Texanerin Baking
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours from Chocolate & Carrots
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Grandbaby Cakes
- Beet Pesto Pasta from Little Kitchie
- Mini Lemon-Rhubarb Bundt Cakes from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits from Steph’s Bite by Bite
- Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Cookie Cups from Cookie Monster Cooking
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
- Kale Salad with Strawberries, Goat cheese, and Strawberry Vinaigrette from The Roasted Root
- Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from The Lemon Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Baker by Nature
- Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Culinary Couture
- White Velvet Layer Cake with Strawberry-Raspberry Mascarpone Buttercream from Wicked Good Kitchen
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Glaze from The Messy Baker
- 1¾ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon water, as needed
- 1 8-ounce container low-fat organic cream cheese
- 1 8-ounce container low-fat organic vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, trimmed, halved
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons toasted almond slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until mixture just holds together when you pinch it with your fingers.
- Spoon into a tart pan (mine was 9¾" in diameter). Use your fingers to press the dough to cover the bottoms and sides of the pan. I went with the rustic look and didn't worry about the edges being uniform.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crust is light brown. Do not over bake or the crust will turn bitter. Cool.
- Beat together cream cheese, yogurt, honey, vanilla and almond extract until smooth.
- Spread in cooled tart crust.
- Place a row of raspberries around perimeter of tart. Arrange strawberry halves on tart as desired. Place a few more raspberries in the center of the tart. Sprinkle toasted almond slices around perimeter of tart.
- Chill until ready to serve.