These Rainbow Vegetable Wraps with Peanut Sauce are the perfect healthy, portable snack. These wrap sandwiches are stuffed with colorful vegetables, mango, and mint, and then served with an Asian-inspired peanut sauce. Sponsored by Peapod.
I made these Rainbow Vegetable Wraps with Peanut Sauce for one of our Daniel Plan meetings and they were a HUGE hit! I think the combination of all the colorful vegetables and the delicious peanut sauce is what made these wraps so popular. Peapod asked me to develop a healthy, portable snack for them, so that is exactly what these wraps are – they are packed with lots of fresh crunchy vegetables, sweet juicy mango and fresh mint.
These wraps are great for a healthy, portable, on-the-go snack or lunch, and they are equally wonderful for a big party. The key is to include a rainbow of fresh, colorful vegetables and cut them into skinny long pieces so you can roll them up easily. The peanut sauce is built right into the sandwich. You can also include some extra for dipping on the side if you wish.
I used whole grain tortillas but if you want an even lower carb option, leave out the tortilla and just use the collard green leaves to wrap all the veggies in. It will be more delicate though, so just roll gently.
If you’ve never used collard green leaves for wrapping, here’s what you need to do:
Blanch the collard green leaves in boiling water for 15 seconds
Immediately place blanched collard green leaves in ice water
Cut out the stems
Then, get all your filling ingredients prepped. For the prettiest rolls, cut everything into thin strips.
Make the Peanut Sauce
Then wrap the sandwich. Lay out a tortilla and spread some of the Peanut Sauce on top. Place a blanched, trimmed collard green leaf on top. Then, layer a rainbow of vegetables on top, and roll everything up.
These sandwiches are best made fresh and eaten within a few hours of assembling them. You can make the peanut sauce and prep all the ingredients ahead of time. Then, wrap and go as needed. Any extra fillings are great tossed into a salad for lunch or dinner.
All of the ingredients for these Rainbow Vegetable Wraps with Peanut Sauce can be ordered online from Peapod.com, the online grocery delivery service.
If you like this recipe, you might like these packable From The Pod recipes too:
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
- Crunchy Mason Jar Salads with Corn and Basil
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad with Feta
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 large collard green leaves
- 6 eight-inch whole grain or gluten-free tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- ½ English hot house cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 mango, cut into strips
- 1½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 24 mint leaves or 1 bunch cilantro (leaves only)
- Place peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey and sriracha in food processor and process until combined; drizzle in water and continue processing until smooth.
- Blanch collard green leaves in boiling water for 15 seconds; remove and place in ice water for a few minutes to cool. Dry leaves by placing on clean dish cloth or paper towels. Cut out stems.
- Lay a tortilla on a flat surface. Place one blanched, trimmed collard green leaf on top. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut sauce on top. Lay strips of red and yellow bell peppers, carrots, cucumber, and mango down center of tortilla. Sprinkle ¼ cup shredded red cabbage on top and lay 4 mint leaves or cilantro leaves on top. Tightly roll up wrap to enclose all the vegetables. Use a few toothpicks to secure the wrap. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut in half to serve.
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by Peapod as part of my participation in their Ambassador program. All thoughts and opinions are my own.