Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles in a Packet is the perfect no fuss meal. These individual packets are great for portion control and for a nice presentation. Sponsored by Peapod.
There are still a few more weeks of summer vacation before school starts, so we’ve been savoring every minute, including doing lots of grilling and hanging out on our back patio. I love grilling because an entire meal can be made at the same time, and there is minimal cleanup.
Recently, I came up with this grilling recipe for Peapod that cooks an entire meal in a packet of foil. Each packet feeds one person, so it’s easy to make as many or few as you like. The presentation makes everyone feel special – it’s like placing a present on their plate.
I have to admit I don’t like to spend a lot of time cooking or grocery shopping during the summer. I’d much rather spend my free time taking long walks outside and relaxing on my back patio.
So, recently, I ordered my groceries online using the newly redesigned Peapod app. Peapod is a leading online grocer that delivers groceries in twelve states. They’ve partnered with Stop & Shop supermarkets (Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island) and Giant supermarkets (Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland) to delivery groceries in those areas. They also deliver in parts of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania.
I haven’t used Peapod since my kids were babes, and I have to tell you, this new app makes the ordering process so much easier.
There are several smart features that help streamline the shopping process, including the My Specials feature that zeros in on Peapod’s weekly sale items, as well as Order Genius, Past Purchases and Favorites that make it easy to fill your shopping basket the next time you shop based on past purchases and preferences.
Ordering online is a big time saver – I spent 20 minutes placing my first order with Peapod versus an hour and a half it would have taken me to drive to the store and shop.
You choose a timeframe that works for your schedule (there are discounts for some time windows for additional savings).
Then, you can start shopping, adding items to your grocery cart as you browse the aisles. It’s faster and easier than going to the store.
Peapod is offering a $20 discount on your first order of $100 or more (enter the coupon code PEASPOD20 at checkout). You can also sign up for a 60 day free delivery trial on Peapod.com (normal delivery charges are $9.95 for orders $60-$100; $6.95 for orders over $100).
For more recipes, check out Peapod’s recipe site.
Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles in a Packet
- 2 zucchini ends trimmed
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika or regular paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 scallions chopped
- 12 kalamata olives pitted
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese optional
- Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil, 20" long each.
- Spiralize zucchini.
- In a medium bowl, toss together shrimp, olive oil, garlic, oregano, paprika, wine, salt and pepper.
- Divide zucchini, red bell pepper strips, tomatoes, scallions, kalamata olives, feta cheese and shrimp on 4 pieces of foil. Spoon sauce from marinated shrimp on top of ingredients.
- Fold long end of foil over food. Fold up narrow ends. Fold last end over to seal packet.
- Grill on high for 10 minutes. Serve.
Recipe NotesIf you don't have a spiralizer, you can use thinly sliced zucchini instead.
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by Peapod as part of my participation in their Ambassador program. All thoughts and opinions are my own.