Sponsored by French Meadow Bakery.
Gluten Free Vegetable Pizza is a kid-friendly way to get your children to eat their vegetables.
Today, I are featuring my son, Alex, making a Gluten Free Vegetable Pizza using French Meadow Bakery’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crust. The crust comes unbaked in an aluminum pan, and can be found in the frozen section of the supermarket. Alex really liked this thin crust, and as you can see from the video, he loves a variety of toppings and lots of garlic on his pizza.
Although some restaurants near our home now carry gluten-free pizza (almost all of them use pre-made crusts purchased from outside vendors), they are very expensive, so it’s really nice having an option to be able to make a pizza at home easily and quickly without having to make your own crust.
Even better, when you make your own pizza, it’s easy to add your favorite toppings. I’ve found that having my kids prepare their own food ensures they’ll be more enthusiastic eaters. This pizza that Alex made has lots of power vegetables – red bell peppers, broccoli, pesto (made with kale and basil), onions, and garlic.
If you’d like to see some fun videos that Alex has made (all by himself) featuring his duck, Steve Jobs, check out Steve Jobs Life Cycle (Fictional Story), Steve Jobs the Duck, Steve Jobs and 1+1, The Magical Steve Jobs Commercial, and the 8 Ducks of Luck Movie Trailer. As you can see, Alex loves ducks!
Gluten-Free Vegetable Pizza
- 1 gluten-free pizza crust
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1/4 cup steamed broccoli florets cut into small pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1-3 teaspoons minced garlic depending on taste
- 1/2 cup low-fat organic mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on pizza crust. Add small dollops of pesto on pizza.
- Sprinkle broccoli, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and then cheese on top.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
Recipe NotesI used broccoli that had been steamed until just tender, about 5 minutes.
Disclosure: We received samples of this pizza crust to try out from French Meadow Bakery. Alex really likes this pizza crust; otherwise, he would never have made this video or eaten it.