Baked Korean Gochujang Chicken Wings are finger licking good – sticky, sweet and a little spicy. My love for chicken wings goes back to my college days in upstate New York when I was first introduced to Buffalo chicken wings. I think my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I must have ordered chicken wings as our midnight snack at least several times a week. The hotter the better.
I created this version of Korean chicken wings for my boys. These wings are baked, not fried, so there’s less mess cooking them and they’re a little bit healthier.
The marinade is made with gochujang, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, onion and ginger. For best flavor, I recommend marinating the wings for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. Overnight would be even better.
For easier cleanup, I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oiled it. The wings are laid in a single layer.
Just before they were completely done, I flipped the chicken wings over and turned up the oven to brown them nicely. The marinade thickens during the baking process and makes a wonderful glaze for these chicken wings.
These Baked Korean Gochujang Chicken Wings are finger lickin’ good 🙂
Baked Korean Gochujang Chicken Wings
- 4.5 pounds chicken wing sections
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup gluten-free gochujang
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- toasted sesame seeds garnish
- chopped scallions garnish
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and toss well with rest of ingredients to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly oil. Place chicken wings on baking sheet in single layer. Pour extra marinade on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes; turn chicken wings over, turn oven up to 400 degrees and bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove to serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
If you like these Baked Korean Gochujang Chicken Wings, you might also like these recipes: