This Chipotle Crab Corn Dip is fresh and light, made with lots of fresh vegetables and gets a kick from homemade chipotle aioli.
My family loves crab. I think it comes from my Maryland upbringing that I’ve passed onto my kids. Recently, I made this Chipotle Crab Dip for a going away party for a friend. I wanted to bring something light and delicious, so this recipe includes lots of fresh produce.
Fresh corn, tomato, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and lemon juice are the bright ingredients that keep this crab dip light and healthy.
The secret ingredient in this crab dip is the chipotle aioli that I whipped up the food processor. Chipotle peppers are dried jalapeno peppers and come in a can with adobo sauce. They can be found in the Latin American section of most grocery stores. It’s delicious in this crab dip, but is also great on sandwiches when you’re looking to add a kick.
I used jumbo lump crabmeat because it was an extra special occasion, but you can use regular lump crabmeat. Backfin and claw meat will have an entirely different texture, so I don’t recommend it. The ingredients are tossed gently just until everything is mixed together.
All the ladies loved the freshness of this dip. One of my friends brought guacamole, which went really well with this crab dip. Next time, I might add some chopped avocado.
Chipotle Crab Corn Dip
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup corn briefly sauteed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Chipotle Garlic Aioli
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- sea salt to taste
Chipotle Garlic Aioli
- Place egg yolk, honey, garlic, lemon juice and peppers in food processor. Process until smooth. With motor running, slowly drizzle in avocado oil; process until thick. Season to taste with salt.
Crab Corn Dip
- Place crab meat in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup Chipotle Aioli (reserve the rest) and remaining ingredients; toss gently until combined.