Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte is a lightened up version of a popular fall beverage, with less than 200 calories.
So, it’s that time of year when pumpkin spice products are everywhere, including Starbuck’s popular Pumpkin Spice Latte.
I picked up a cup of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend and I have to tell you, I don’t think it tastes like pumpkin or pumpkin spice – it’s more of a vanilla flavor and it’s cloyingly sweet. I give Starbucks a lot of credit for eliminating artificial coloring and using real pumpkin, but they’re still using preservatives and fake vanilla flavoring.
So, I’ve come up with a clean, skinny version of this Pumpkin Spice Latte that you can make at home using cashew milk (1 cup of unsweetened Silk Cashew Milk has just 25 calories), maple syrup and real vanilla extract. You can even splurge with a little light whipped cream on top and stay under 200 calories!
I had my family do a side-by-side comparison of my Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte and the one from Starbucks and mine won hands down. So give it a try and let me know what you think.
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cashew milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons double strength vanilla or 3 teaspoons regular vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- 1 pack Starbucks VIA instant coffee I used Columbian
- 2 tablespoons light whipped cream optional
- Place cashew milk, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer; stir in instant coffee; transfer to a mug. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
If you like this Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte, you might also like: