This Sparkling Mashed Raspberry Mint Lemonade is refreshing and healthy – the perfect summer drink.
A few weeks ago, my niece graduated from high school and we celebrated dinner with a fresh Raspberry Lemonade. I loved the smashed raspberries in the lemonade – it was so pretty and made the drink more interesting.
This month, I’m participating in The Recipe Redux challenge where we’re celebrating ReDux’s birthday month by making or creating a recipe inspired by a fellow Reduxer.
I chose fellow Recipe Reduxer, E.A. Stewart, who is a nutrition coach, registered dietitian, and culinary nutritionist living in sunny San Diego. I’ve been following E.A.’s blog for a while and love her gorgeous photography, as well as her healthy, beautiful recipes that support digestion wellness. Her recipes are gluten-free and FODMAP friendly for people with IBS, but are foods anyone can enjoy. E.A. is one of the most supportive bloggers I know and although I have yet to meet her in person, I know she is a genuine, generous person.
I spotted this Strawberry Basil Lemonade on E.A.’s blog, and it reminded me of the fresh Raspberry Lemonade I had tasted in Boston. I was inspired to make this Sparkling Smashed Raspberry Mint Lemonade when I got home.
The ingredients are very simple. The key is to use the freshest, best ingredients you can find.
I smashed the raspberries and mixed it with fresh lemon juice, mint and a honey syrup mix. This mixture can be refrigerated for up to a day.
When you’re ready to serve, simply scoop out half a cup of this raspberry mixture and top it off with ice and sparkling mineral water.
Sparkling Smashed Raspberry Mint Lemonade
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- <g class="gr_ gr_59 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="59" data-gr-id="59">1 liter</g> sparkling mineral water
- 6 fresh mint leaves cut into fine ribbons, plus more for garnish
- lemon slices for garnish
- Place raspberries in a bowl and smash with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, mix together honey, <g class="gr_ gr_51 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="51" data-gr-id="51">water</g> and lemon juice. Add smashed raspberries and mint ribbons.
- For each serving, place half a cup of raspberry honey lemon juice mixture in a glass. Fill glass with ice. Add sparkling mineral water to the brim. Stir and garnish with mint sprig and lemon slice.