Mexican Corn Tomato Feta Salad combines the flavors of Mexican street corn into a delicious summer salad, perfect for entertaining and picnics. Fresh corn and tomatoes are two of my favorite summer vegetables that are plentiful at the farmer’s market and supermarkets this time of year. While I love corn on the cob and caprese salad, I’m always looking for new or different ways to enjoy corn and tomatoes throughout the summer.
This Mexican Corn Tomato Feta Salad reminds me of Mexican street corn, which has become popular the last couple of years. The advantage of making Mexican street corn in salad form is that it’s easier to bring to a potluck barbecue, and you won’t get corn stuck in your teeth and all over your face (one reason my kids don’t like corn on the cob).
I came up with this Mexican Corn Tomato Feta Salad two years ago when corn and tomatoes were at their peak. Winters are long in Connecticut, so I appreciate the abundance of fresh summer produce that pops up each week at our local farmer’s market.
This creamy Mexican Corn Tomato Feta Salad has all the flavors of Mexican street corn with the works, just in salad form. To get the corn toasty, I caramelized it in a cast iron skillet, then tossed everything together while the corn was still warm, letting the feta cheese melt into the warm salad.
Mexican Corn Tomato Feta Salad
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ears corn on the cob leftover or uncooked, ~ 6 cups
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- dash chipotle powder
1. Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet and add corn; saute until charred in spots; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl; add cheese, mayonnaise, tomato, scallions, cilantro, garlic scape paste, lime juice, chili powder and chipotle powder. Toss and serve
If you like this Mexican Corn Tomato Feta Salad, you might also like these corn salads: