This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad has all the flavors of a Greek salad. It’s a light and nutritious meal. Sponsored by Peapod.
I came up with this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad as a light and healthy meal that can be enjoyed anytime of the year. This quinoa salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and keeps well. Make a batch and enjoy it throughout the week. It’s filling and so good for you.
Although I love quinoa served as a warm side dish such as Indian Spiced Quinoa Pilaf, I enjoy it during the summer tossed with fresh vegetables to make a heartier salad. Often, I make extra quinoa just so I can use the leftovers in a cold salad the next day.
I often use my rice cooker to make quinoa because it requires no attention and can be kept warm for several hours. However, you can easily make quinoa on the stovetop. Check out my post on How To Cook Quinoa.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is made with a combination of fresh and pantry ingredients. It’s easy to make and great for a crowd.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup seedless cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted, halved
- 1 can 15-ounce garbanzo beans
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain quinoa 2-3 times to remove saporin (bitter coating); place drained quinoa in medium saucepan with water and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let quinoa stand for 5 additional minutes, covered. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and oregano; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, olives, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil to quinoa. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If you like this quinoa salad recipe, you may also like: