This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad has all the flavors of a Greek salad. It’s a light and nutritious meal. Sponsored by Peapod.
I came up with this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad for Peapod as a light and healthy meal that can be enjoyed anytime of the year. This quinoa salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and keeps well. Make a batch and enjoy it throughout the week. It’s filling and so good for you.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is great for days when you’re looking for a filling, but lighter meal.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is made with a combination of fresh and pantry ingredients. It’s easy to make and great for a crowd.
All the ingredients for this quinoa salad can be bought online on Peapod.com or using their app on your phone (read more on this in my Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles in a Packet post). I used some of Peapod’s Nature’s Promise products in this recipe and was very happy with both the prices and quality. Nature’s Promise is Peapod’s private label organic product line, which includes fresh produce as well as packaged products (e.g., Nature’s Promise products include organic grape tomatoes, organic bell peppers, organic garbanzo beans and organic low sodium chicken broth, all of which are used in this recipe). I love the fact that I can order reasonably priced organic products online, especially during the busy holiday season.
If you’re looking for a light but filling meal, give this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad a try.
For more lighter recipes, check out these recipes on From The Pod:
Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich with Cranberries and Lemon
Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
Spiralized Carrot Salad with Herbs and Toasted Almonds
Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad with Feta
Crunchy Mason Jar Salads with Corn and Basil
Thai Style Chicken & Coleslaw with Pita Bread
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup seedless cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted, halved
- 1 can 15-ounce garbanzo beans
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain quinoa 2-3 times to remove saporin (bitter coating); place drained quinoa in medium saucepan with water and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let quinoa stand for 5 additional minutes, covered. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and oregano; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, olives, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil to quinoa. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by Peapod as part of my participation in their Ambassador program. All thoughts and opinions are my own.