This Summer Tomato Salad features heirloom tomatoes in a light but flavorful sherry vinegar dressing.
Heirloom tomatoes are so beautiful, each with their own shape, color, and taste. I sampled this Summer Tomato Salad with Sherry Vinegar and Shallots at our local farmer’s market and loved how simple it was to prepare.
Choose a variety of heirloom tomatoes for the prettiest salad. Don’t worry about the nooks and crannies in these tomatoes. That’s what makes them special.
When you’re using the freshest ingredients, you don’t need many ingredients to make it taste good.
Use a high quality sherry vinegar (aged is best). Fresh chives in addition to shallots add a fresh touch. Fresh chives and shallots can often be found at the farmer’s market too.
How are you enjoying fresh summer tomatoes?
- 4 assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut up (~ 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons aged sherry vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, taste
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients together.
More recipes featuring summer tomatoes: