Warm Kale, Farro and Winter Fruit Salad
Use your favorite vinegar and dried fruits. Fresh cut apples or clementines would also be nice.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 cup semi-pearled farro
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate vinegar or your favorite fruit flavored vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried figs quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled aged goat cheese or regular goat cheese
Place farro and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, covered, for 20-25 minutes until tender (but still chewy). Drain, rinse and drain again. Place in a bowl and toss with vinegar, honey, cranberries and figs.
In a large saute pan, heat olive oil and add kale leaves. Saute 1-2 minutes until kale is just tender. Add to farro, along with salt, pine nuts and goat cheese. Toss well and serve.