Pear Cranberry Walnut Salad is a wonderful fall or winter salad.
Try this delicious and easy Pear Cranberry Walnut Salad to get a serving of leafy green vegetables into a meal.
Pear Cranberry Walnut Salad
- 4 handfuls of mixed baby greens
- 1 fresh pear cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese optional
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar to make vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss together baby greens, sliced pears, cranberries, walnuts and cheese (if using).
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss. Serve.
One of my husband’s favorite salads when we eat out is pear salad, so when I saw the first pears of the season at our local farmer’s market, I bought a bag and tried to recreate the salad he had on a recent vacation. I watched anxiously as he ate it…not a piece of leafy green left on his plate!
Try this tasty way to get a serving of leafy green vegetables into a meal.
More Fruit and Green Salads:
GreenChef Natalia’s Micro Greens, Apple and Fennel Salad
Veggicurious’ Roasted Pear Salad with Mixed Greens, Arugula, Goat Cheese and Tarragon
Chef Jill Davie’s Island Fruit and Mixed Green Salad
Anticancer Ingredients: Leafy Green Vegetables, Walnuts, Cranberries