Kale Guacamole is the perfect way to sneak in some healthy dark leafy greens.
Recently, I sampled some kale guacamole at a local market and was surprised by how much I liked it. I’m a big fan of kale but I have to admit I was skeptical about mixing kale in with guacamole. The key to is to chop up the kale really fine so it’s barely noticeable and doesn’t detract from the creaminess of the guacamole. I used the food processor and pulsed the kale until it was finely minced.
My son enjoyed this Kale Guacamole for an afternoon snack, and I even used it as a spread on his breakfast egg sandwich. Love it whenever I come up with a new way to get my kids to eat kale ;).
- 2 avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice or lemon juice I used a wedge
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1 cup kale finely minced (I pulsed it in my food processor)
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
Smash avocado in mortar and pestle with some fresh lime juice and salt. Stir in garlic, onion, kale, jalapeno pepper and cilantro, and mix well.