You’ll want to refer to this collection of Easy Healthy Meatless Pasta Recipes often for quick dinner ideas throughout the school year.
Pictured (left to right, top to bottom): Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Pesto Pasta, Asparagus Pasta Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing (The Lemon Bowl), Healthy Pasta Salad with Artichokes (Food Faith Fitness), Pictured (left to right): One-Pot Caprese Dinner (Diethood), Mac and Cheese (Petite Allergy Blog), Roasted Red Pepper Pasta (Alida’s Kitchen), Spaghetti with Escarole White Bean and Tomato (Taste Love and Nourish), Crispy Ravioi in Cherry Tomato Sauce (Shockingly Delicious), Spaghetti with Broccoli Pesto (Very Culinary)
We started school just last week and getting back into a routine (ugh, having to wake up for that early bus is a killer) has been really tough for me. After a whirlwind of dropping three of my boys off at college in three different states in three different parts of the country, I’m ready to just kick back and relax. But, that’s not an option.
Now that we have just one son at home, dinnertime is going to be really different – not only will I have to learn to cook in smaller quantities (yah – smaller grocery bills!), but it’s going to be a lot quieter at the dinner table.
One thing that won’t change is that I will still have to plan ahead for dinner with all the after-school activities.
My crockpot is my best friend during the school year. So are the handful of tried-and-true recipes that I know can be thrown together quickly on days when I haven’t had time to think about dinner. Then there are the recipes that double easily so I can freeze a batch for a day when I just don’t feel like cooking.
Today, I’ve put together a collection of Healthy Meatless Pasta Recipes featuring my blogger friends’ favorite pasta recipes. Meatless pasta recipes are great because not only are they usually easier on the budget, but they’re also a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables without as much fuss. Whether you choose to serve these pasta dishes as the main dish or a side, these healthy recipes are great to refer to throughout the school year.
Note: Use your favorite gluten-free pasta if you’re gluten-free. For cleaner, healthier versions, choose organic whole grain pasta.
Pictured (top to bottom, left to right): Easy Pasta with Spinach, Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese, Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Lemon Caper Vinaigrette (Two Peas and Their Pod), Tomato Paste Pasta, Spring Pasta Pappardelle (Nutmeg Nanny)
- Tomato Paste Pasta
- Super Healthy Pasta Sauce (make ahead; freezes well)
- Easy Pasta Puttanesca
- Spaghetti Pomodoro, Simply Sated
- Quick and Easy Tomato Pasta Sauce, Erren’s Kitchen
- Spaghetti with Roasted Tomatoes, Cooking On The Front Burner
- Easy Pasta with Spinach, Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese
- Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Lemon Caper Vinaigrette, Two Peas and Their Pod
- Spring Pasta Pappardelle, Nutmeg Nanny
- Shitake Mushroom and Kale Ramen, Nutmeg Nanny
- Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Pasta, Erren’s Kitchen
- Avocado Basil Pasta, The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Lemon Garlic Pasta, Wonky Wonderful
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Quick & Easy Lemon Spaghetti, Mom On Time Out
Pictured (left to right, top to bottom): Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Pesto Pasta, Asparagus Pasta Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing (The Lemon Bowl), Healthy Pasta Salad with Artichokes (Food Faith Fitness)
- Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Pesto Pasta
- Arugula Pasta Salad, Two Peas and Their Pod
- Asparagus Pasta Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing, The Lemon Bowl
- Healthy Pasta Salad with Artichokes, Food Faith Fitness (shortcut: substitute roasted defrosted frozen artichoke hearts with garlic and olive oil for whole artichokes)
- Antipasta Pasta Salad with Kale and Radish, Farm Fresh Feasts
- Greek Pasta Salad, Running To The Kitchen
Pictured (top to bottom, left to right): Roasted Red Pepper Pasta (Alida’s Kitchen), Spaghetti with Escarole White Bean and Tomato (Taste Love and Nourish), Crispy Ravioi in Cherry Tomato Sauce (Shockingly Delicious), Spaghetti with Broccoli Pesto (Very Culinary)
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto with Pasta (make pesto ahead of time; leave out chicken)
- Spaghetti with Broccoli Pesto, Very Culinary
- Spaghetti with Spinach Sauce, Erren’s Kitchen
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta, Alida’s Kitchen
- Crispy Ravioi in Cherry Tomato Sauce, Shockingly Delicious
- Tomato Balsamic Ravioli, Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Greens and Pasta, Farm Fresh Feasts
- Tortellini with Greek Yogurt and Mushroom Sauce, Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- One Day At A Time Lasagnettes with Rich Sundried Tomato Sauce, Yummy Smells
- Mediterranean Pasta, Dessert For Two
- 20 Minute Parmesan-Lemon Zucchini and Summer Squash Spaghetti, Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Spaghetti with Escarole White Bean and Tomato, Taste Love and Nourish
- Vegetarian Hamburger Helper, Jew Hungry Blog
- Spinach and Black Bean Pasta, Yummy Smells
- 30 Minute Garden Pasta, The Cedar Spoon
Pictured (left to right): Gluten-Free Vegetable Stir-Fry Noodles (Petite Allergy Treats), Asian Ginger Sesame Roasted Vegetable Pasta (The Law Student’s Wife)
- Red Curry Coconut Noodle Soup
- Sesame Noodles, Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Gluten-Free Vegetable Pancit Noodles, Petite Allergy Treats
- Gluten-Free Vegetable Stir-Fry Noodles, Petite Allergy Treats
- Asian Ginger Sesame Roasted Vegetable Pasta, The Law Student’s Wife
- Whole Wheat Linguine with Asparagus and Lemon, The Corner Kitchen
Pictured (left to right): One-Pot Caprese Dinner (Diethood), Mac and Cheese (Petite Allergy Blog)
- Mac and Cheese (gluten-free, dairy-free), Petite Allergy Blog
- One-Pot Caprese Dinner, Diethood
- Lighter Stovetop Mac and Cheese, Alida’s Kitchen
- Two Cheese Butternut Squash Macaroni & Cheese, Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- 30 Minute Caprese Pasta Skillet, The Cedar Spoon
- Three Cheese Spinach Pasta Bake, Alida’s Kitchen
- Caprese Pesto with Pasta, Chocolate Moosey
- Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi, Chocolate Moosey
Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness says
Thanks for sharing my artichoke pasta salad! Pinned!
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry! says
Great collection! Thanks for including my tortellini with Greek yogurt mushroom sauce! I will definitely be trying a bunch of these recipes!
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Fantastic #MeatlessMonday collection! Pinning for reference. And thank you for including my Crispy Ravioli in Cherry Tomato Sauce.
Christine at Cook the Story says
I’m loving all of these Meatless Monday options!
Becca from It's Yummi! says
I love the variety! YUM!
Laura O |Petite Allergy Treats says
You weren’t kidding when you said you’d be busy with taking your boys to college! I hope you can catch your breath soon 🙂 Thank you for an amazing collection of pasta ideas and for including my Mac N Cheese and Veggie Stir Fry Noodles.
Helene D'Souza says
wooo, we always need more pasta recipe ideas since everybody like pasta in this world. =D
Cooking smaller quantities can be quite different at times. I just learned again to cook larger quantities but soon again I will need to change that. =)
Thanks everyone – I’m looking forward to referring to this list for this coming school year myself!
Isadora @ she likes food says
Ohhh, all of these look so amazing, Jeanette! We cook a lot of pasta in my house and I”m always looking for more meatless recipes that my husband will like too! I’ll definitely be coming back here next time pasta night rolls around 🙂