These Asian Salmon Cucumber Appetizers are quick and easy to make, and are perfect for summer entertaining.
I love little bites. In fact, I could make an entire meal out of appetizers. One of our family traditions whenever one of my boys comes home to visit from college is to make a special meal their first night at home.
I made these Asian Salmon Cucumber Appetizers to tide everyone over until dinnertime. These are super quick and easy to put together while you’re cooking dinner.
Just make sure you use sushi grade salmon – I always ask the fishmonger whether or not the salmon is sushi grade so they know I’ll be serving it raw.
These fresh salmon appetizers are low carb, healthy and naturally gluten-free. Add them to your party appetizer menu next time you’re entertaining.
If you like these bite-size appetizers, you might also like these appetizers:
Salmon Tartare Cucumber Bites Appetizer
- ½ pound fresh salmon fillet finely diced (sushi-grade)
- 2 teaspoons scallions finely minced
- 1 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons mirin
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- For Serving
- 1 English cucumber
- Ichimi Togarashi Japanese seven flavor chili pepper
- finely minced scallions
- black sesame seeds optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, scallions, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil.
- Trim ends of cucumber. Using a fork, score the peel of the cucumber lengthwise. Spoon Salmon Tartare on top of cucumber rounds, then sprinkle some Ichimi Togarashi and black sesame seeds on top to garnish. Serve immediately.