Follow these 12 Healthy Summer Beauty Tips to refresh, rebalance and reenergize your body, mind, and spirit this summer. Sponsored by MegaFood.
I always look forward to summer. It’s a great time to refresh, reenergize and rebalance my body, mind, and spirit. The pace of everyday life seems to slow down and I embrace a less stressful pace.
No fuss, simple living is what I strive for. That means taking a step back from the busy-ness of life and focusing on what’s important, not what’s urgent. This includes taking care of myself, something that often gets lost during the busy school year and holiday season.
Here are Twelve Healthy Summer Beauty Tips I’m following this summer to refresh, rebalance and reenergize my body, mind, and spirit:
Refresh Your Body and Mind
- Stay well hydrated – keep a glass or water bottle filled with water or iced herbal tea and drink from it throughout the day. Add a pop of color and fruity flavor to your water or iced tea by tossing in a few orange/lemon/lime slices, berries or mint.
- Take a deep breath and soak in the natural beauty that surrounds you. Find a quiet spot in your backyard, at a local park or beach and just be still. Listen to the birds chirp, hear streams flow, appreciate all the flowers that are in bloom.
- Give your hair and nails a break. I get a summer haircut and wear my hair up in a ponytail. A no-fuss haircut means my hair looks great even when I don’t blow-dry it. Let your nails go naked – although I like color on my toes, I buff my fingernails instead of polishing them when I want a little shine.
- Explore a nearby town or city you’ve been wanting to visit but haven’t had time to.
- Dig into an easy summer read or learn about a new topic that interests you.
Rebalance Your Body
- Savor and relish fresh produce from your local farmer’s market. Make a simple salad using 75% leafy greens/other vegetables and 25% lean protein.
- Maintain a healthy body inflammation response and healthy aging* with MegaFood’s Turmeric for Whole Body, made from organic turmeric. Dr. Andrew Weil calls turmeric a “wonder herb.” It’s been used as both medicine and food for centuries. I’ve started taking this supplement to ease occasional joint pain*.
- Take long, brisk walks early in the day or at the end of the day when it’s not as hot. This summer, I’m planning on exploring a few local nature trails.
Reenergize Your Body and Spirit
- Start off your day with quiet time sitting outside. I love reading my daily devotions on the patio to help put my day in perspective.
- Rest up – adults need 7-8 hours of sleep a day. Sleep is important for healthy brain function, physical health, and emotional well-being.
- Reconnect and spend quality time with good friends over leisurely casual dinners or a bonfire.
- Dress colorfully and casually – buy tee shirts/blouses in a style you like in multiple colors and pair them with white shorts/jeans all summer long. Wearing colorful clothes always cheers me up, and keeping things simple means less time thinking about what I’m wearing and more “me time.”
What are your favorite healthy summer beauty tips?
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by MegaFood as part of my participation in their Ambassador program. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Nicole @ Fitful Focus says
Excellent tips! I’m an introvert by nature, so I’ve been trying to get out and be a lot more social this summer. So far, I think it’s been going really well. It’s always hard to get myself up to go but I always have a good time.
Thanks Nicole! I completely understand what you’re saying because I’m also an introvert :).
May Bee says
Oh wow, that last picture of the fancy feast got me drooling. These are fantastic ways to keep simply healthy in the heat. Where is that breathtaking view you are enjoying? Oh, and the flavored fruit water is all the rave around here. Cucumber water for mommy though. This post made me think of the one I just published too (great minds, huh) about easy summer hair for busy mamas, students, and ladies on the go in general. I case you are curious, check it out here: http://www.chewymom.com/5-effortless-hairstyles-for-busy-moms/
I am stoked that I found your blog as you seem to be a girl after my own heart: healthy, simple, happy.
Thanks May Bee – love cucumber water too! Thanks for sharing your summer hairstyles!