The secret to this Ultimate Summer Salad is the perfect combination of flavors, textures and colors, featuring the freshest in-season produce.
This post is sponsored by Marzetti®
It’s my favorite time of year, when the weather is getting nice and warm and the sun is shining almost every day. Lazy summer days are just around the corner and easy, casual dinners are my go-to meals.
I make lots of salads throughout the summer – it’s the best way to enjoy all the beautiful summer produce that’s in season – fresh lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, strawberries, blueberries, carrots and onions are some of my favorites.
For me, the Ultimate Summer Salad uses the freshest in-season produce I can find, mixes sweet + savory flavors, juicy + crunchy + creamy + crispy textures, includes a rainbow of colorful fruits and vegetables, has a variety of shapes and sizes for visual appeal, and is dressed lightly with a simple salad dressing.
I’ve made this Ultimate Summer Salad for several family gatherings the past two weeks, and everyone has loved this combination of fresh fruits and vegetables:
- Crisp lettuce
- Juicy strawberries
- Crunchy cucumbers
- Sweet blueberries
- Spicy radishes
- Creamy avocado
- Red onion for a little kick
- Vibrant carrots
- Plump cherry tomatoes
For the finishing touch, I drizzled some Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing on top. Marzetti’s Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing is made with just a few simple ingredients and no preservatives or artificial flavors. I used the light version for our salad. There are 25 different Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Dressings, including Ranch, Caesar and Blue Cheese, as well as fun flavors like Strawberry Poppyseed, Ginger Sesame, and Champagne. These dressings are made to enhance the fresh, natural goodness of your salads.
What you end up with is a simple, vibrant salad that tastes amazingly fresh and light, and is oh so good for you.
Watch this video to see how I made this Ultimate Summer Salad 🙂
This Giveaway is now closed.
Ultimate Summer Salad
- One head leaf <g class="gr_ gr_140 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="140" data-gr-id="140">lettuce </g> cut into <g class="gr_ gr_139 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="139" data-gr-id="139">bite size</g> pieces
- 2 cups strawberries halved
- 1 cup English cucumber sliced (~ 1/2 an English cucumber)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup radishes sliced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Line a large shallow bowl with lettuce. Top with strawberries, cucumbers, blueberries, radishes, avocado, red onion, carrots and cherry tomatoes.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing on top.
Recipe NotesUsing a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables with different textures and flavors results in the ultimate salad
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti. The opinions and text are all mine.