Tomato Paste Pasta is a quick and easy dish that comes together in less than 20 minutes. Perfect for nights when you don’t know what to make for dinner.
Tomato Paste Pasta has been my go-to recipe for at least a decade. It is made literally three ingredients ~ extra virgin olive oil, tomato paste and garlic.
|With just 4 ingredients, this is often our first meal on vacation.|
I know what I’ll be making when my son comes home next time. When I asked what he would miss most about home, he did say, “your cooking.” Awe…tears are coming again.
Easy Tomato Paste Pasta Sauce
My kids like athis tomato sauce on the thicker side, and enjoy this on spaghetti or penne shaped pasta. Add more pasta cooking liquid if you like a thinner sauce, and serve with your favorite shape pasta.
- 16 ounces gluten-free pasta or whole grain pasta
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh basil, cut into chiffonade (fancy for very thin strips)
- Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking liquid. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and tomato paste over medium heat for one minute.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and cook 4-5 minutes to caramelize tomato paste and deepen the flavors. Do not burn.
- Add garlic and cook another minute until lightly browned.
- Add ¼ cup of pasta cooking liquid to tomato paste sauce and stir well. Add a little more pasta cooking liquid if a thinner sauce is desired.
- Toss pasta with tomato sauce.
- Garnish with basil chiffonade.
- Serve immediately.