Thai Chicken Satay Skewers are perfect for summer barbecues as an appetizer or dinner.
These chicken skewers make perfect party food during the summer, either as an appetizer or for dinner.
Thai Chicken Satay Ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are available in most supermarkets these days, including fish sauce (look in the Asian grocery section).
Marinating The Chicken
The key to best flavor is letting the chicken marinate for a few hours.
Soak bamboo skewers for thirty minutes before skewering the chicken pieces.
These chicken skewers don’t take long to cook on the grill. I lay the skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet that’s oiled for easy cleanup.
Serve with Thai Peanut Sauce.
Thai Chicken Satay
- 3 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- bamboo skewers
Thai Peanut Sauce, for serving
- Cut chicken thighs into 1" wide strips. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add Marinade ingredients and toss well to coat all pieces evenly. Refrigerate and marinate 2 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1/2 hour. Skewer chicken and grill until cooked through, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Serve with Thai Peanut Sauce.
Adapted from The Best of Vietnamese & Thai Cooking by Mai Pham
If you like this recipe, you might like: