This simple Sweet and Spicy Spiralized Cucumber Tomato Arugula Salad is refreshing, light and delicious.
This past week, we had a bonus session for our Daniel Plan study on Happiness and Contentment. Now that I know I control at least 40% of how I feel, and I know the 8 factors that contribute to emotional and mental stability, I am hoping to change my outlook on life for the better, especially when times get tough. I am also hoping to get the word out – just think if everyone had this information, we’d have a lot more happy people surrounding us. I’m sharing this list in this post again because I believe it is such important information that everyone should have access to. If you want a copy to print out, click here.
Now onto this Sweet and Spicy Spiralized Cucumber Tomato Arugula Salad. One of my friends texted me how good this spiralized cucumber salad is because she knows I recently bought a spiralizer.
This salad is super easy to make. First, start with a bed of baby arugula.
Then, spiralize a bunch of cucumbers into “noodles.”
Add sliced cherry tomatoes.
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
The fabulous Chef Neena of Grace Farms demonstrated this recipe for our Daniel Plan meeting.
This recipe makes a good amount, so feel free to halve the recipe. You can also substitute a zucchini or two for a few of the cucumbers if you want to add more texture to this salad.
Sweet and Spicy Spiralized Cucumber Tomato Arugula Salad
- 4 English seedless cucumbers
- 4 large handfuls baby arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 carrots shaved using a peeler, optional
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Place arugula in large salad bowl. Use spiralizer to make cucumber "noodles" (tip: cut cucumbers in half; otherwise, the noodles will be too long to eat). Transfer to salad bowl. Top with cherry tomatoes and carrots, if using.
- Make dressing by whisking together rice vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, pepper flakes, honey, orange juice and garlic powder together in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad with dressing just before serving. Cucumber "noodles" will release a lot of liquid, so serve immediately after tossing.
Recipe NotesAdapted from SheKnows.com