I don’t make sweet treats very often, but this holiday season, I’ve been experimenting with sweet treats for our Holiday Open House. Yesterday, I made these cute little Strawberry Whipped Cream Santas after spotting something similar similar at a local supermarket. All you need are strawberries, whipped cream and some mini chocolate chips. They’re naturally gluten-free too.
I did add some King Arthur Whip Cream Stabilizer to the whipped cream which is supposed to keep the whipped cream from getting watery, but these little Strawberry Whipped Cream Santas were gobbled up so quickly, I didn’t get to see how the whipped cream held up. The consistency of the whipped cream was definitely stiffer than regular whipped cream, so I think these would hold up for a day or two.
These little sweet bites are perfect for the holidays when you’re looking for something easy and fun. I also played around with adding strawberry puree to the stabilized whipped cream – it definitely holds up well. I have a batch of gluten-free mini cupcakes that I’ll be serving at our Holiday Open House on Christmas Eve, and I think I will try topping some of them with this Strawberry Whipped Cream. These sweet treats are an indulgence, but bite size portions help keep things in check.
Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season!
Strawberry Whipped Cream Santas
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream stabilizer optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14-18 strawberries depending on the size
- mini chocolate chips
- Place cream in a bowl. Mix stabilizer with sugar and pour slowly into cream as you beat the cream. Beat cream until fluffy.
- Cut strawberries in half, leaving about 1/3 of tip of strawberry for top (hat), and 2/3 of the strawberry for the bottom (body).
- Pipe whipped cream on top of each bottom, and place top of strawberry over whipped cream. Whipped cream filling will serve as the face of Santa. Gently place chocolate chips on Santa's face.
- Pipe dots of whipped cream on bottom strawberry to make buttons on Santa's suit.
Disclosure: King Arthur Flour provided me with some products to play with.
This post has been linked up to Tidy Mom I’m Lovin’ It Party