This lightened up Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is a Game Day winner.
This post has been updated to include new photos.
I still remember my first Buffalo chicken wing – it was when I was in college in Rochester, New York. Buffalo wings became our favorite midnight snack. Needless to say, I put on a few extra pounds my freshman year from all the late night munchies. I don’t think I’ve met anyone who doesn’t like Buffalo wings. The only problem is that they’re usually deep fried, and you can’t eat just one.
This Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is a lightened up version of a favorite dip one of my friends makes. The original recipe calls for cream cheese and Ranch dressing. My skinny version is made with pureed low-fat cottage cheese (higher in protein than cream cheese too) which I’ve used successfully as a cream cheese substitute in many recipes. Ranch dressing seasonings are used in place of Ranch dressing, and reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese further lightens up this dip. There’s still plenty of flavor, just a lot less calories than the original recipe.
I’ve been making this dip for my family for years, and it is always a favorite.
This is great healthy alternative for Super Bowl – I hope you give it a try!
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 cups roasted or poached chicken
- ½ cup Frank's hot sauce
- ½ cup shredded low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cottage cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Process until blended. Transfer to a bowl. Add chicken and hot sauce. Mix well. Spread in a pie pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.