SCD GAPS Diet Raspberry Ice Cream is made with just three ingredients – no ice cream machine required.
Who doesn’t love ice cream, especially homemade ice cream. This Raspberry Ice Cream is made with just three ingredients – homemade creme fraiche (SCD and GAPS Diet friendly), frozen raspberries and honey. Because it’s made with SCD GAPS Diet creme fraiche (also called sour cream), this ice cream is naturally virtually lactose free so if you’re lactose intolerant you might be able to eat this without a problem.
We have some lactose intolerances in our family, so this Raspberry Ice Cream was a welcome treat. The SCD and GAPS Diet are gut healing diets, so this ice cream is actually good for you. Who said you can’t have your ice cream and eat it too?
Welcome to another edition of Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a progressive dinner party. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.
This month’s theme is Ice Cream Social hosted by Barbara Bakes. I hope you enjoy all the ice cream recipes we made for this special event.
Please be sure to see what everyone made for today’s event:
Ice Cream Social
- Waffle Bowls from Barbara Bakes
- Black Forest Ice Cream Sundaes from Creative Culinary
- Bourbon Caramel Sauce for Ice Cream Sundaes from The Heritage Cook
- Vegan Banana Split Popsicles from Stetted
- Raspberry Ice Cream from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Copycat Baseball Nut Ice Cream from girlichef
- Blackberries and Cream Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- Cassata Ice Cream Cake from Spice Roots
- Roasted Apricot and Shortbread Ice Cream Bars from Willow Bird Baking
- Plum, Blackberry and Sage Frozen Yogurt from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Blueberry Plum Sorbet from Healthy Delicious
- Mocha Ice Cream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 2 cups SCD GAPS Diet creme fraiche
- 1 cup raw honey
- 10 ounces frozen organic raspberries
- In a large bowl, whip together SCD GAPS Diet creme fraiche and honey until stiff peaks form.
- Place frozen raspberries in food processor bowl and process until pureed. Add whipped SCD sour cream and honey, and pulse until combined. Transfer to a container and place in freezer for a few hours until firm enough to scoop.