This Pasta with Spinach Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese takes just 20 minutes to prepare, and makes a great all in one dish, packed with spinach.
I’ve been feeling really lazy this summer…after all, I think we moms need a break too, right? Well, I’m not sure about you, but moms seem to rarely get a break, no matter what time of year it is. Even when we go on vacation, it seems the laundry follows us as does the responsibility of feeding our family. That is, unless you’re lucky enough to stay in a hotel with restaurants nearby. My husband loves to stay in a condo or house instead of a hotel because it’s more spacious for our family and feels more like home. The concept is great, except everyone still wants me to cook. I generally have a rule that we must go out to eat at least a few nights a week so I get a break.
So, to give myself a self-imposed break, I’ve been making pasta a lot lately. Usually, I have no idea what I’m going to make while I set a big pot of water to boil on the stove. By the time the pasta hits the water, I’ve scoured the refrigerator and pantry to see what I can throw together. This pasta dish is one of those recipes that I made when dinner was running late and I was too lazy to make a separate vegetable dish.
It’s so easy that even if you’re in the laziest of moods and don’t feel like cooking, I know you can make this ;).
Pasta with Spinach Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound dried gluten-free pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 2-3 to matoes depending on the size
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant; add spinach and tomatoes and cook until spinach just wilts, about 2-3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and toss. Add Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and toss well, adding pasta cooking water as needed to loosen up pasta.