This Kitchen Sink Pasta with Pesto, Fresh Tomatoes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Chicken and Mozzarella Cheese makes a hearty meal.
Today’s recipe is for a pasta dish that I threw together on July 4th for lunch. I didn’t intend on making lunch for the boys that day because I was cleaning through mounds of paperwork and trying to catch up on all the office work. I had asked the boys to figure things out for lunch (a.k.a. take-out). After some deliberation, they decided on pizza and were just about to place their order when they discovered the restaurant was closed for July 4th. So, of course that meant I was back in the kitchen making lunch. By that time, the boys were starving, and it was getting late, so I resorted to this quick and easy pasta dish, which was literally a kitchen sink sort of pasta dish made with whatever I could find in my refrigerator.
I threw a pot of water on the stove to boil while I looked through my refrigerator to see what I could possibly throw together. Here is what I found: Kale Basil Garlic Scape Pistachio Pesto, Oven Dried Tomato Pesto, some leftover grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. A few fresh tomatoes on my window sill and some fresh garlic got tossed in as well.
You never know what jewels are hiding in your refrigerator. If you’re ever caught in a similar situation, just start taking things out…some brilliant idea might just strike you.
I also dug through my cabinet and found a pack of Molino Andriani Felicia 4 grain gluten-free pasta that I hadn’t tried yet. This is a kitchen-sink kind of pasta dish – just put all the bits and pieces in a big serving bowl and add the hot pasta after it’s cooked. The hot pasta warms up the sauces and slightly melts the mozzarella cheese.
Pasta with Pesto, Fresh Tomatoes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pound dried gluten-free pasta
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 1/4 cup Kale Basil Hazelnut Pesto
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups grilled chicken cut into strips
- 2 medium balls Buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. When pasta is cooked, drain and transfer immediately to bowl. Toss well to coat. Serve.