I have to say the title of Kris Carr’s book took me by surprise at first, especially since Kris is a cancer survivor. How could cancer possibly be sexy? Kris Carr was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer eight years ago at the age of 31, with numerous inoperable tumors throughout her liver and lungs. Not only did Kris Carr film a documentary, Crazy Sexy Cancer, but she went on to write three books, including her most recent Crazy Sexy Diet book. How could cancer ever be called sexy? Well, Kris Carr has certainly managed to make cancer sexy in her new book.
- Shifting your diet to support an alkaline interior environment (at least 60% alkaline/40% acid)
- Detoxifying your body
- Eating anti-inflammatory raw foods
- Going gluten-free
- Making low-glycemic choices
- Reducing/eliminating animal products
- Cleaning out your gut
- Managing stress through meditation and exercise
- Taking supplements as needed
Many of the dietary changes I have made for my son, who is suffering from a bout of allergies all of a sudden, are consistent with Kris Carr’s suggestions, and since I have witnessed the improvement in my son’s well being over the past month by making these dietary changes and focusing on his mental well-being, I am planning on incorporating more of Kris’ ideas.