Grilled Cauliflower with Rosemary and Thyme is the perfect summer side dish, scented with fresh herbs.
I love no-fuss Summer grilling because it keeps the kitchen cool and there’s virtually no clean-up involved. Both proteins and vegetables can be grilled at the same time too, so there’s no need to turn on the stove or oven.
Grilling cauliflower is just like roasting it in the oven (roasted cauliflower and potatoes is one of our family’s favorite cold weather side dishes). The trick is to slice the cauliflower into uniformly thick pieces and lay them in a single layer, and place some fresh herbs on top to scent it.
I flip the pieces over halfway through cooking so both sides get nice and brown. A garnish of fresh rosemary is all you need to present this simple Summer grilled cauliflower dish.
If you’re looking for another different way to serve cauliflower, check out my Shaved Cauliflower Salad.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut up, sliced into ½" pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh thyme sprigs
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Turn grill on. Line a baking sheet with foil. Drizzle some olive oil on top of foil. Lay cauliflower slices on baking sheet in a single layer. Layer onion slices on top. Place thyme and rosemary sprigs on top. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer foil with cauliflower to grill. Grill, covered, about 20 minutes, turning cauliflower pieces over halfway through cooking.