Over the holidays, I received lots of goodies that I haven’t been able to share with you yet. Today, I’m sharing a potato dish that will dress up your winter dinners without a lot of extra effort – Grilled Baby Potatoes with Green Harissa.
Frieda’s sent me some beautiful tri-colored potatoes before I left town for the New Year, and Sartori Cheese provided my guests with a beautiful assortment of cheese for our Christmas Eve Open House, including a very special cheese called Merlot BellaVitano, which I used to make a pasta dish for our party.
I drew inspiration for this dish after spotting a recipe for Green Harissa in Bon Appetit magazine. Naturally beautiful blue, red, and yellow potatoes, topped with a bright green sauce, and a sprinkling of cheese, elegant yet simple.
Potatoes are definitely on the list of comfort foods, especially during the winter. Last night, I made a healthier version of Garlic Mashed Potatoes that I posted on Facebook, made with mostly cauliflower, some Yukon Gold potatoes, Parmesan cheese, fresh garlic, Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, chicken broth, and a little salt and pepper. The boys said they were some of the best mashed potatoes they’d eaten – I had to try to keep a straight face when they asked what I had put in the mashed potatoes.
Today, I’m joining a group of bloggers for Food Network’s Comfort Food Fest where potatoes are being featured this week. Please check out all these fabulous potato recipes:
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Grilled Smashed Baby Potatoes With Green Harissa Sauce
Devour: 5 Ways to Cook Potatoes
Haute Apple Pie: Twice-Baked Southwestern Sweet Potatoes
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Healthy Warm Potato Salad With Onion and Vinegar
Red or Green?: Spicy Baked Sweet Potatoes
And Love It Too: Sweet Potato Hasselback Potatoes
Virtually Homemade: Twice-Baked Potatoes With Cheddar and Caramelized Onions
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Crispy Potatoes With Baked Eggs and Pesto Yogurt
Cooking With Elise: Vavos Stewed Potatoes
The Heritage Cook: Potato and Sweet Potato Gratin With Bourbon-Laced Cream Sauce
The Cultural Dish: Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Thursday Night Dinner: If You Need Me, I’ll Be With My Potato Soup
Feed Me Phoebe: Baked Sweet Potato Fries With Rosemary
Add a Pinch: Loaded Smashed Potatoes
From My Corner of Saratoga: Garlic and Herb Infused Cheesy Potatoes
FN Dish: Well-Loved Potato Sides
Grilled Baby Potatoes with Green Harissa Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 3 jalapenos seeded
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 16 mixed colored baby potatoes
- Garlic extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Merlot BellaVitano cheese optional
- Place cumin and coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium heat; toast until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes; cool. Place seeds and remaining Green Harissa ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Boil potatoes in water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Cool. Using back of a large knife or a mallet, gently press down on potatoes to smash. Brush lightly with garlic olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Grill on panini grill or in cast iron skillet until lightly browned on both sides.
- Spoon some Green Harissa sauce on top and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top, if desired.