I’m a lover of condiments. If you could only see all the little jars of sauces and bottles of hot sauces in my refrigerator, you might wonder what I do with all of them. A good condiment can elevate the simplest of meals to the next level, adding new flavors and textures to foods that you might otherwise think nothing much of.
This Mint Feta Pesto is lip smacking good. I made this on a whim a few nights ago to dress up some grilled asparagus. I ended dousing grilled shrimp with this sauce too and it was delicious.
Mint grows like crazy and I’ve got several varieties growing in containers this summer (including mojito mint, orange mint and blackberry mint), so there is no shortage of mint in my kitchen. I’m looking for all different ways to use it up, so this pesto is one of the newest recipes I’ve tried.
Not only is this Mint Feta Pesto delicious served over grilled asparagus, but I bet it’d be wonderful on top of grilled salmon or chicken too.
Grilled Asparagus with Mint Feta Pesto Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus ends broken off where the natural break occurs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Mint Feta Pesto
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toss trimmed asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill asparagus until just cooked through, about 8 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking time.
- Place all ingredients for Mint Feta Pesto in food processor except for olive oil; process until smooth; gradually add oil and process until smooth and creamy. Serve over grilled asparagus.
Pesto adapted from Epicurious