These tender Gluten-Free Quinoa Almond Flour Pancakes are perfect when you’re craving comfort food but want something a little bit healthy.
I’m always trying to sneak in healthy ingredients for my kids, so on one recent snow day, I whipped up these Quinoa Almond Pancakes for breakfast. I had cooked quinoa from the night before (I always make extra cooked grains so I can throw them into whatever I think of) so making these pancakes was easy.
My kids are not big fans of quinoa. They just don’t like the texture or the taste, so I pureed the quinoa and pancake ingredients in a blender until it was nice and smooth.
These are tender pancakes and a real treat when you’ve got a hankering for something special for breakfast – a great way to fill up your tummy with all sorts of goodness. Top with some fresh berries or caramelized bananas for something extra special.
I had a little fun learning how to make this gif for you all. Cool right?! Have a great day and remember…Choose To Be Happy!
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa (4.7 ounces)
- 1 cup almond flour (1.9 ounces - I used Honeyville)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½-1 cup almond milk, depending on consistency desired
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Lightly grease skillet with coconut oil and pour batter into skillet (~ ¼ cup for each pancake). Cook until browned on bottom; flip and cook other side until browned.
You might also like these quinoa recipes: