These Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Drizzle remind me of peanut butter kiss cookies, just a little bit more grown up.
I used to make lots of cookies around the holidays, but I found myself tasting a few too many from all the batches of cookies. This past year, with the discovery that my youngest son is allergic to wheat and other foods, I’ve really cut back on my holiday baking. These Gluten-Fre Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Drizzle, which remind me of peanut butter blossoms (the peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses on top), were one of the few cookies I’ve made this holiday season. They’re made with almond flour, so they are gluten-free, plus they are vegan.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Drizzle (Vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine almond flour, salt, sugar, Earth Balance, vanilla and peanut butter in a bowl and beat with electric mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Form into 1″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until set and lightly browned. Cool.
- Melt dark chocolate either in the microwave (for 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted) or a double boiler, and drizzle on top of cookies.