These Gluten-Free Maryland Crab Cake Sliders are fun party food and perfect for Super Bowl entertaining.
I was born and raised in Maryland so I grew up eating crabs in the shell. After I moved away from home though, fresh crabs were hard to come by, so I had to satisfy my crab cravings with picked crabmeat. Fortunately, Costco’s carries crabmeat at a fairly reasonable cost. It’s still very expensive, but for special occasions I make crab dip, crab pasta, crab soup and crab cakes.
Right before my oldest son returned to college, I made Maryland crab cakes for dinner. He loves crab so whenever he comes home, I make something with crab. I had extra crab cake mixture so I made mini crab cakes so that my husband and I could have some Maryland Crab Cake Sliders for lunch the next day.
My husband enjoyed his mini Maryland Crab Cakes served on toasted gluten-free rolls with baby kale, and I was just as happy having mine served on top of a bed of baby kale. I’ve been loving baby kale for lunch lately. It’s very tender and mild tasting, and so good for you.
Topped with a dollop of organic Roasted Red Pepper Pesto that I found at Costcos, these sliders are moist, tender, and luxurious. They’re a treat for sure.
Today, I’m participating in Food Network’s Comfort Food Feast event where Sliders are being featured. Please be sure to check out what my fellow foodie friends made:
The Heritage Cook: Italian Sliders with Fried Polenta and Marinara Sauce
Feed Me Phoebe: Thai Chicken Sliders with Sriracha Mayo
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Shredded Beef Sliders
Haute Apple Pie: Easy Pan Cheeseburger Sliders
Devour: Pick Your Slider Stuffing for Super Bowl
Dishin & Dishes: Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Blue Apron Blog: 5 Tricks to a Great Slider
Weelicious: Mexican Chicken Sliders
Taste With The Eyes: Classic Chicago-Style Polish Sausage Sliders
Virtually Homemade: Meatball Sliders
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Buffalo Sliders with Bacon & Cheddar
Red or Green: Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Bacon & Celery
The Sensitive Epicure: Arepas — The Ultimate Gluten-Free Slider with South American Flair
Domesticate Me: Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders
Daily*Dishin: Italian Roast Beef-Smoked Almond Creamy Cheesy Sliders
FN Dish: Super Sliders
- 2 slices gluten-free bread, crusts trimmed
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Fines Herbes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- baby kale
- 10 gluten-free mini rolls (I used Udi's)
- Crumble bread into small pieces. If dry, soak with a little milk. Add mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, mustard, Fines Herbes and egg. Mix well. Add crab meat and gently toss. Shape with hands firmly into 10 patties. If mixture is too wet, add some dry gluten-free bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in skillet. Gently place patties in skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Serve on mini rolls with a dollop of Roasted Red Pepper Pesto and baby kale.