This Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta comes together quickly ~ dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
There are many days when I have no idea what I’m making for dinner. Time is short, the kids are hungry, and I find myself in a flurry of activity in the kitchen as I try to whip up something quick and easy for dinner. This is a pasta dish I threw together over the summer, which can be served year-round.
The day I made this for my boys, I had made my way to Costco’s and picked up a double pack of organic whole chickens, a pack of organic boneless chicken breast and sun-dried tomatoes among other items. At first, I thought of making Roast Chicken or Chicken Scallopine with Lemon Sauce, but something simpler and faster was in order that evening as my boys kept circling the kitchen island asking when dinner was going to be ready.
My first instinct was just to throw a pot of water on the stove to boil while I figured out what to make. Pasta is always welcome at the dinner table, so as I thought about what I had handy, this easy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta came to mind. Topped with a sprinkling of one of my favorite cheeses – Sartori’s Merlot Bellavitamo cheese – it was worthy of even a special occasion.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sun dried tomato strips, in olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence or other favorite herb mix
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ pound gluten-free pasta
- fresh minced parsley
- fresh grated cheese, optional
- Bring a big pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Meanwhile, marinade chicken strips with wine, cornstarch, a little salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and saute until light brown; add chicken and saute until just cooked through. Add sun dried tomato strips, red pepper flakes, and herbs and saute another minute. Add wine and let reduce. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; when done, reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid; drain pasta. Add drained pasta to chicken in pan. Add reserved pasta water as needed to loosen up pasta and sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with minced parsley; serve with fresh grated cheese if desired.