This Easy Grilled Chili Garlic Shrimp with Pasta and Pesto is the perfect summer meal – quick and delicious, it comes together in no time.
Last week, I made a super easy and quick dinner for my family using some of Kale Basil Hazelnut Pesto and frozen Wild Blue shrimp from Trader Joe’s. I find having a few pre-made sauces like pesto handy in the refrigerator can transform an otherwise boring meal into something “fancy.” Although shrimp can be expensive, if you stick to the proper serving size, it’s easier on the pocketbook, while providing a quick solution to dinner.
The trick is to bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta while you’re preparing a quick marinade for the shrimp (if using frozen shrimp, just take it out the night before and let it defrost in the refrigerator). Once the water boils, the shrimp can be skewered and grilled. As soon as the pasta is cooked, simply toss with pesto (I keep a jar of pesto in my refrigerator throughout the summer for quick meals) and a little cooking liquid or water to loosen it up. Toss in a little Romano cheese if you like (I left it out for my husband who has dairy intolerances) and top with a skewer of grilled shrimp.
Easy Grilled Chili Shrimp with Pasta and Pesto Recipe
- 1 pound extra large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- dash of sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces dried gluten-free pasta
- 1/2 cup Kale Basil Hazelnut Pesto or other pesto
- grated romano cheese optional
- In a medium bowl, toss together shrimp, olive oil, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Let marinate 15-30 minutes while you start up the grill and bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta. If using bamboo skewers, soak in a shallow pan of water. Skewer shrimp and grill until just cooked through, flipping skewers over to get grill marks on both sides.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss with pesto and a little pasta cooking liquid or water to loosen up. Add some romano cheese desired. Top with grilled shrimp.
This Easy Grilled Chili Garlic Shrimp and Pasta with Pesto dinner can be made in 30 minutes from start to finish.