These Cranberry Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies make a festive addition to any holiday cookie platter. Chock full of cranberries, coconut and mini chocolate chips, and sweetened with banana and honey, these cakey cookies are naturally delicious.
With just a few short weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, there’s less time to shop and bake, so I’m all for shortcuts, whether it’s shopping for presents online, or making easy cookie recipes like the one I’m sharing today for these Cranberry Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
One of my favorite parties of the season used to be a cookie exchange I participated in when my kids were younger. Over 60 moms would gather around for the cookie exchange, and we would all leave with a beautiful assortment of holiday cookies. It was always fun to see what everyone made – the variety of cookies was always so impressive.
During the Holiday season, I kick into cookie baking mode for a couple of days. There have been years where I’ve whipped up five different kinds of cookies in an afternoon. Some of our favorites include Gluten-Free Raspberry Almond Bars and Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Drizzle.
Fortunately, my boys aren’t that particular about which cookies I make, so I have pretty free reign. The only criteria is that they have to taste really good – if they even suspect that I’ve made a super healthy cookie, they won’t consider it a cookie.
The most important criteria I follow when making cookies is to use the best quality ingredients I can find. I’ve been trying to use organic ingredients whenever possible because I want to keep my family’s diet as clean as possible. That means using ingredients that are as close to the way nature intended them, with no added chemicals, preservatives or additives. Sure, organic ingredients can cost a little more than conventional ingredients, but I think it’s so worth it.
These Cranberry Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are made with lots of high quality organic ingredients ~ organic oat flour, organic rolled oats, organic almond butter, organic banana, organic dried cranberries, organic coconut flakes and organic virgin coconut oil. You won’t be able to find cookies like these in any supermarket, so get out your mixing bowl. Soft and slightly cakey, these little bites make a nice addition to any holiday cookie tray.
I’m bringing these Cranberry Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies to Arrowhead Mills’ Cookie Exchange this year. Check out the Arrowhead Mills Cookie Exchange Pinterest Board where lots of festive holiday cookies are being shared. It’s sure to inspire some holiday baking.
- ¾ cup Arrowhead Mills® Organic Oat Flour
- ¾ cup organic rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon organic ground golden flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup MaraNatha® Organic Creamy Almond Butter
- ⅓ cup mashed ripe organic banana
- 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dried organic cranberries
- ⅓ cup organic raw dried coconut flakes
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine oat flour, oats, flax seed and water mixture, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Add honey, almond butter, banana, coconut oil and vanilla; blend until mixed through. Add cranberries, coconut and chocolate chips and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to firm up cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon cookie dough onto cookie sheets using rounded teaspoon. Flatten tops slightly.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I was provided product and compensated by Hain Celestial for my time developing and photographing this recipe.