This Banana Berry Flaxseed Smoothie Bowl is light, nutritious and great for breakfast. Fresh berries top this dairy-free smoothie bowl. Sponsored by Silk.
Are you lactose intolerant, allergic to dairy, or looking for a plant-based alternative to yogurt? If so, Silk® has a line of Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternatives made from cultured soy (non-GMO Project Verified) that’s a great substitute for yogurt. This yogurt alternative is free of cholesterol, dairy, lactose, gluten, carrageenan or casein, and contains no artificial colors or flavors. And now, you can find Plain and Vanilla Silk® Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternatives in a larger 24 ounce size.
We have dairy intolerances in our family so I am always looking for dairy-free alternatives. Recently, one of my son’s college friends, who is lactose intolerant, visited and he wanted something light for breakfast. Fortunately, I had a container of Silk® Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative on hand and whipped up this simple Banana Berry Flaxseed Smoothie Bowl for him. He was so excited when I told him this smoothie bowl was dairy-free.
The smoothie base is made with Silk® Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, frozen banana, omega-3 rich flaxseed and anti-inflammatory coconut oil. Then this smooth and creamy base is topped with fresh berries, walnuts and coconut.
Give this smoothie bowl a try – it’s light and delicious, and a great way to start the day!
To get your coupon to try Silk® Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, click here.
- 1 5.3 ounce container SILK Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 cup frozen banana slices
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil
- unsweetened coconut
- Place all Smoothie ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth (if you use frozen bananas, you may need to use the tamper that comes with Vitamix blenders; otherwise use regular bananas). Transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, walnuts and coconut.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.