Assorted Skewered Party Appetizers are quick and easy to make, can be made ahead of time, and are fun for entertaining.
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I hope so, but if you’re still looking for a last minute appetizer, try these Assorted Skewered Party Appetizers. These little bites will tide everyone over until the turkey is ready, and your guests will have fun trying the different combinations.
All you need are a few pantry items (hearts of palm, marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, tuna) and cherry tomatoes. Mix up the combinations and have the kids and your guests help you skewer these – it’ll give them something to do while you’re busy getting your Thanksgiving feast ready. And if you’re still looking for a few last minute appetizer ideas, check out the Prosciutto Wrapped Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates and Roasted Shrimp Cocktail I posted the last two days.
Here’s wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the time with your family and friends. I’m taking a few days off from the blog to hang out with my family. All three of my boys are coming home from college for the weekend, so I am really looking forward to spending some good ‘ole quality time with them and catching up.
- 8 ounces mini mozzarella balls, drained
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley leaves
- a dash of hot red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- peel from half a lemon
- splash of sherry vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- Mini mozzarella balls
- Oil packed tuna, separated into chunks
- Roasted red bell peppers
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Hearts of palm, cut into bite-size pieces
- Kalamata olives, pitted
- cherry tomatoes
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium low heat; heat gently until garlic is light brown and fragrant; remove from heat; add thyme, parsley, red pepper flakes and bay leaf. Add vinegar and season to taste with salt. Pour over mozzarella balls in a small container and refrigerate, covered, for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Make assorted skewers, alternating skewer ingredients.
- Here are some combinations:
- Marinated Mozzarella Ball, Cherry Tomato, Hearts of Palm
- Marinated Mozzarella Ball, Kalamata Olive, Marinated Artichoke Heart
- Marinated Mozzarella Ball, Cherry Tomato, Marinated Artichoke Heart
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Tuna Chunk, Kalamata Olive
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Tuna Chunk, Marinated Artichoke Heart
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Tuna Chunk, Hearts of Palm